Contact us here for free design advice orTel: 020 8964 1814


Consents and engineering

Sub-services available

  • Permitted development application
  • Planning permission application
  • Building regulations application
  • Engineering report & calculations
  • Party wall agreements
  • Conservation area and listed building consents


Mostly optional, but some form of planning permission is usually required

Consents and engineering


These services ensure that you have all of the permissions you require to begin construction without delay, restriction or dispute.

Permitted development application

Permitted development allows you to construct your project without detailed planning permission providing that it falls within certain guidelines. Once we’ve created the required drawings, we can submit them to your local authority on your behalf and handle the whole process for you.

Planning permission application

Planning permission may be required in certain circumstances, and it can be both a confusing and lengthy process. That’s why we can submit the drawings to your local authority and take care of the process for you. If any disputes with the application arise, we can even fight your corner by using precedents or making minor amendments to ensure approval. This is why we have a 97% success-rate for first-time applications, with the remaining few being accepted after minor changes.

Building regulations application

Building regulations govern safety, accessibility, minimum quality standards and other factors. KROOS Architecture can create the drawings and submit an application to building control on your behalf to ensure that regulations are met.

Engineering report & calculations

Engineering reports and calculations ensure the structural safety and strength of your finished project. Weights and forces are mathematically calculated and combined into a report which can be used by your construction team.

Party wall agreements

If your project involves work on a wall which is shared by another property, then you must abide by the rules laid out in the Party Wall Act. This involves notifying the owner of the attached property, allowing the opportunity for dispute and negotiating any disputes if they do arise.

Conservation area and listed building consents

If your property is a listed building or in a conservation area, then you may require consent to carry out the construction stage of your project. KROOS Architecture can submit any required applications and take care of the process to ensure that all relevant consents are obtained.

Looking to extend or renovate your home and add value to your property?


Who we’ve worked with

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.